- Doncaster, DN4
- GBP 14.0 to 17.0 Hour
We are now recruiting for an experienced HGV Technician to join our friendly workshop team based at Doncaster, preferably for an immediate start on a 4 on 4 off shift. Each Team is made up of a trainer, a Supervisor, senior technician, technician and apprentice.
Responsible for the mechanical and electrical repair, preventative maintenance and modification of the Ryder fleet and customer vehicles:
- Diagnose and repair mechanical and electrical defects on all vehicles and related ancillary equipment, replacing parts as and when necessary in line with Company and legislative requirements
- Carry out preventive maintenance in accordance with companies policies and procedures
- Complete all relevant paperwork and documentation to the required standard
- Provide on the job training for junior technicians and apprentices
- Continually identify warranty claims and escalate these to the appropriate person
- Ensure all repairs carried out are to the required standard
- Ensure the work required is completed
- Ensure that unplanned work is either completed or has been resolved to a satisfactory standard
- Remain up to date with the latest vehicle technology and changes by attending company training programmes
- Previous heavy goods workshop experience essential.
- Class 1 driving licence preferred.
- Technicians work a 4 on 4 off shift pattern
- 12 hours a day, 06.00 until 18.00 hrs.
- Overtime available if wanted
- £13.00-£17.00 per hour depending on experience and qualifications
- Weekly pay
- 20 days holiday Inclusive of 8 bank holidays (pro rata to working pattern)
- Contributory Pension scheme
Job Types: Permanent
Salary: £13.00-£17.00 per hour
- Company car
- Company events
- Free or subsidised travel
- HGV Workshop repair and maintenance: 2 years (preferred)
- Class 1 HGV Driving License (preferred)