- Quedgeley, GL2 4NF
- GBP 30000.0 to 50000.0 Annum
Our client is a specialist design and manufacturing company with a long record of repeat business with some excellent blue-chip clients. We now have a fantastic opportunity for a Project Engineer to join their modern manufacturing facility based in Gloucester, where you will be part of an enthusiastic, hard-working team that really looks out for each other.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right person to play a key part in the company’s future growth.
- Overall responsibility for the design, manufacture, and delivery of automation projects
- Full accountability for the performance of your projects, from both a financial and timing perspective.
- Providing the first point of contact for your customers
- Liaising with suppliers as well as mechanical, electrical, software, and manufacturing colleagues to achieve project deliverables
- Support the installation and commissioning of equipment on customer sites both within the UK and abroad.
- Regular site and supplier visits
- Ensuring conformance to all applicable legislative and customer standards
- Support in the preparation of technical documentation including CE
- A Project Engineer capable of taking direct control of a range of projects with a value of up to several million pounds.
- A minimum HNC-qualified engineer (mechanical or controls), with experience in automation, robotics, and conveying
- Capacity to represent the company amongst global businesses, maintaining relationships and company reputation.
- Evidence of leadership qualities
- Excellent problem-solving, and time-management skills, with the ability to balance multiple projects at once.
- Related industry experience (food, pharmaceutical, or automotive) preferred
- Familiarity with 2D and 3D CAD
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Good technical background
- Must be highly ambitious, motivated and able to use own initiative
- 25 days holiday
- Early finish on Fridays
- Annual bonus opportunity
Salary: £30,000 – £50,000 depending on experience
Hours: Mon - Thurs (8-5 pm) Friday (8-3 pm)
If you would like to apply for this opportunity or to find out more, please call Naya on 0777 887 2283 or email Naya@optimal-recruitment.co.uk