Head of People & Culture
Hybrid: Leeds (LS4), Sheffield & remote
Full time and permanent
Up to £50,000
About the organisation
Bhayani Recruitment is working with a creative agency who hire talented people with a shared passion for collaboration and creativity, to find a Head of People & Culture based in Leeds. This is a hybrid role however the person will be based at Leeds and will need to travel to their Sheffield site from time to time.
People are their superpower and shared passion is just as important as skillset. Their new Head of People & Culture will ensure they continue to attract and retain the best people and have an unbeatable culture.
The successful candidate will be stand-alone and will lead on all aspects of operational and strategic HR for a team of 80+. Experience in a standalone HR Management role in a fast-growing people services business is a must, along with experience of leading on cultural development. This person must also be able to scale down and be involved in administration from recruitment to termination.
Two businesses recently merged together at ages 11 and 3, both businesses have a laid-back but high-performance culture that values output. Passion and putting clients first are crucial to them. The new Head of People & Culture will lead the evolution of their HR services, supporting line managers with all day-to-day HR.
What will you be doing?
- Contribute to the development of their People Strategy, ensuring it is centred around their values and fosters a culture of wellbeing, equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Lead the evolution of our HR service as they grow, enabling them to emerge in the market as an employer of choice.
- Alongside line managers and the finance team, administer employee records as necessary from recruitment to termination.
- Support Line Managers on all queries with their staffing queries, guidelines and support.
- Support line managers to effectively manage their teams through effective absence & performance management.
- Effectively manage budget.
- Assess training and development needs, keep records and provide costing in line with budget.
- Design and implement an appropriate appraisal system, progression plans and 1:1’s.
- Be a qualified mental health first aider and actively undertake this role.
- Process leavers and support managers in conducting exit interviews and gathering data.
- Coordinate the collection of appropriate data and ensure the organisation is measuring key HR metrics and using data to guide its practices.
- Ensure Payroll have the correct information in order to process monthly payroll from recruitment to termination.
- Support the wellbeing of employees through the delivery of appropriate programmes and support initiatives, working with support groups and external partners as required.
- Coordinate recruitment and selection for the business.
- Be responsible for designing and implementing an exciting, motivating and educational onboarding process.
- Keep their documentation up to date and legally compliant.
- Support the SMT with reward, recognition and salary reviews.
Skills & knowledge requirements
- Operational, hands-on HR ability
- Knowledge of HR and organisational development practices.
- Commercial acumen.
- Up to date knowledge of UK employment legislation.
- Strategies to attract and retain the best talent in our sector
- Current HR trends and challenges including diversity & inclusion and wellbeing.
- Budget management.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to influence and persuade people at all levels.
- Activity planning and management skills.
- Strategic thinking and planning skills so to contribute to the people strategy.
- Positive and innovative approach to problem solving.
- Able to generate and analyse data and using it to guide decision making.
- Able to drive efficiencies and engage the workforce through technology solutions.
Experience & qualifications
- Experience in a standalone HR Management role in a fast-growing people services business.
- Experience managing end-to-end processes within a HR department.
- Significant managerial experience including complex ER, line management, budget management and project management.
- Experience of planning and managing change.
- Minimum level 5 CIPD qualified.
- Full UK driving licence as travelling will be required.
What are we looking for in you?
- Flexibility in work style.
- Pragmatic and outcomes driven.
- Being passionate is critical.
- Innovative thinker and problem solver.
- Personable and friendly.
- Embrace continuous improvement and willing to undergo further training.
- Committed to high level of achievement.
- Proactive and enthusiastic.
What’s in it for you?
- A chance to make your mark in a growing business
- 25 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays.
- 1 day holiday given for your birthday to be taken on, or near your birthday date.
- Salary sacrifice scheme – additional annual leave for up to 3 days per year.
- Salary Sacrifice scheme – cycle to work scheme.
- Corporate health care membership.
- Free/Paid car parking.
- Profit share scheme.
- Refer a Friend bonus scheme.
The client will be holding interviews on an ongoing basis with a start date as soon as possible
Bhayani recruitment is acting as an employment agency in relation to this role. Bhayani recruitment will ensure all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, colour, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or on the basis of disability. We invite applicants to contact us directly to identify any additional support required.