Job title: Senior Conveyancer
Location: Cheadle, Greater Manchester
Salary: Up to £40,000 + Bonus
Bhayani Recruitment is working in partnership with a prestigious and reputable firm of solicitors in Greater Manchester to recruit an ambitious and experienced Senior Conveyancer. This well-established firm prioritises its employees’ well-being and are big advocates for a positive work-life balance. They are looking for a confident and hard-working employee to join their friendly team. There would be no better time to join this firm, as they are rapidly and are due to upgrade offices within the upcoming months. This Firm will accept applications from unqualified conveyancers who have sufficient experience as fee earners.
Summary of role
As a solicitor, CILEX, or licensed conveyancer, you will advise clients on all aspects of the buying or selling process, including legal issues, finances, and contracts. Your day-to-day activities will involve a great deal of research and drafting documents, as well as speaking with clients and giving legal advice. The individual must be highly motivated, committed to improving the customer experience, and relish the opportunities this role will bring. As Senior Conveyancer, you will report directly to the Head of Department and be responsible for an active caseload of around 80-90, with support from legal assistants, whilst also signing off files for junior members of the team.
What will you be doing?
- Handling a wide and varied caseload of residential conveyancing matters including sales and purchases, remortgages, dealing with both freehold and leasehold (including shared ownership properties), new builds, repossessions, deeds of gifts, assents, equity releases, drafting declaration of trusts and other general property-related matters.
- Communicating with clients to receive instructions and give advice.
- Drafting official documents, such as contracts that include details of the sale and checking contracts on behalf of your clients.
- Working with estate agents and solicitors.
- Keeping official records of payments and contracts.
- Working with Land Registry documents and title deeds.
- Carrying out checks prior to drafting contracts to see if there are any structural issues with the property.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 2:1 LLB Law Degree (Desirable)
- Legal Practice Course (Desirable)
- Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL) (Desirable)
- Chartered Institute of Legal Executives (CILEx) Level 6 Diploma (Desirable)
- 5 years’ experience in a conveyancing role (Essential)
Skills and Knowledge requirements:
- Research and IT skills to ensure that you have a thorough understanding of each case and organising them on a case management system.
- The ability to carry out efficient negotiations to get the best deal for your clients and protect their best interests.
- Verbal and written communication skills alongside mathematical competency.
- Have an eye for detail and have problem-solving abilities.
- Have excellent personal presentation and professional demeanour.
- Be flexible, motivated, committed and determined with a ‘can do’ attitude and be hungry for success.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and a good sense of time management.
- The ability to be independent in your work style but also obtain the flexibility to work as part of a team and can contribute to our family culture
What do you get in return?
- Pension scheme.
- 25 days holiday + 4 days at Christmas, + Bank Holidays.
- A salary of between £30,000 and £40,000 dependent upon experience and qualifications.
- Enjoy a relaxed, close-knit and friendly office – With frequent social events, and after-work treats, this welcoming bunch like to work hard, and play hard.
- Flexible and autonomous working. You’ll be able to manage your own diary, finding the right work/life balance that suits you.
- Join a trusted brand. With a ready-made client base and enjoy a progressive, innovative and supportive environment.
Bhayani recruitment is acting as an employment agency in relation to this role. Bhayani recruitment will ensure all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. We invite applicants to contact us directly to identify any additional support required. Candidates who are unable to apply online are encouraged to contact us directly for alternative ways to apply.