- GBP 40000.0 to 0.0 Annum
Our client is currently recruiting for a hard-working and experienced Water Treatment Operations Manager. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience of operational management in the water industry and L8.
The Operations Manager has responsibility for the day-to-day oversight, development and management of engineers, contract compliance and operational processes. The role is responsible for overseeing interventions throughout the operations programme cycle and managing a team to ensure compliance with the company’s established policies, procedures, and strategy.
A strong operational background in the water treatment/water hygiene with excellent project management skills and ability to be able to implement new operations and logistics processes and procedures and support our culture of continuous improvement.
As a member of the Senior Management Team, the post holder will be expected to share information and participate in discussions to support organisational development and communications.
- Day to day management and planning of water treatment/water hygiene engineer’s work programmes and ensure compliant and competent.
- Review contract compliance ensuring contract conditions are being tracked and met.
- Conduct assessment of training needs of engineers and conduct annual appraisals.
- Work in conjunction with the Account Manager and sales manager to prepare quotes and tenders ensuring keen pricing strategy.
- Act as a point of reference for queries on major client contracts and contractual procedures and ensure contract compliance and quality standards are maintained.
- Act as main point of contact for information and issue resolution for all operational quality and contract compliance related issues
- Build and maintain good relationship with clients from all levels.
- Maintain quality management systems based on existing business process to meet ISO standards, including the integration and accreditation of 14001 and 19001 certifications.
- Compliance and regulatory requirements
- Locate bottlenecks and streamline existing processes.
- Review and approve all operational invoices and ensure they are submitted for payment.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of operational management in the water industry and L8, including experience of setting up and managing contract compliance and quality systems and processes.
- Strong chemical and technical understanding relating to water treatment/water hygiene.
- Previous experience and knowledge of water treatment Health & Safety processes, RAMS Standard Operating Procedures and scheduling.
- Demonstrable experience of leading teams and developing a culture of continuous improvement
- Strong leadership and management skills in a team environment
- Experience of creating, implementing, auditing, and analysing standard operating procedures.
- Good organisational and time management capabilities
- Ability to manage a varied workload, and prioritise tasks, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate concisely and convincingly both verbally and in writing.
- Experience of using own initiative, with a proactive and problem-solving attitude.
- Sound understanding of financial management and reporting.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office and online management systems