- GBP 17.5 to 17.5 Hour
We are looking for an experienced Multi Skilled Engineer to join a fantastic company based in Penrith, Cumbria.
They are one of the UK’s leading specialists in the industry and play a critical role in the food and agricultural sector, collecting and processing material – which is converted into meals and oils for use in pet food, cosmetics, oleochemicals, and renewable fuel.
This really is an excellent opportunity to be part of a fantastic family-run organization leading the way in sustainability and renewable energy.
Your role will be to support the efficiency of the production lines by providing both planned and reactive engineering solutions to ensure minimal production down time.
- Liaise with production shift supervisors and managers to support the identification of potential issues, working to minimise downtime
- Support in investigating means of improving plant productivity
- Liaise with the engineering Administrator to ensure sufficient stocks of spare parts are available
- Adhere to preventative maintenance and lubrication schedules
- Liaise with production shift supervisors and managers to agree and schedule any works required, gaining permission to proceed, ensuring that all required permits are in place prior to the commencement of works
- Assist external contractors with installation works as required, providing advice and support as required
- Responsible for the health and safety of the work environment, ensuring that site safety standards are adhered to at all times, leaving work areas clean, tidy, and safe after any works are completed
- Monitor all machinery and ancillary plant during production, completing relevant paperwork.
- Rectify any defects, following the process to a satisfactory conclusion
- Assist in an operational capacity as required
- Previous experience in an engineering role in a manufacturing environment
- Good level of English language; spoken & written
- Good communication skills
- Able to work effectively in a team
- Keen eye for detail, able to identify issues and escalate appropriately
- Able to make considered decisions and communicate to relevant colleagues
- Relocation accommodation available at £65 per week.
- On-site gym discount
- The salary is £17.50 per hr. Shift rotation 5+2 over 7 days, hours between 7 am – 6 pm with overtime paid time and a quarter over 48hrs.
If you would like to find out more, or to apply please call Jill on 07900 901 362 or email Jill@optimal-recruitment.co.uk