AWS Systems Administrator - Contract outside IR35
- GBP 350.0 to 500.0 Day
Work from home/Hybrid - Contract outside IR35
Deadline for application - 19/05/2023 12:00 pm
We are looking for an experiencedLinux and AWS Systems Admin to work on a large AWS estate carrying daily tasks and support. The role is outside IR35. Location will be at one of the client's main offices in Bristol, London, Manchester or Harwell but you could work from home 60% of the time.
The client is one of the largest public sector digital, data and technology agency who has a vision for the UK to be a world leader in technology for education and research. They provide world class cyber security protection, utilising sector specific intelligence to managed and brokered products and services, enhanced with expertise and intelligence to provide sector leadership and enable digital transformation.
- Proven experience of innovative and reliable Linux system administration, particularly Ubuntu or other Debian-based Linux (exposure to other UNIX systems such as Solaris is an advantage)
- Manage user identity, AWS permissions, and security in the cloud
- Provisioning, operating, and maintaining systems running on AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Using features such as Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Security (IAM, Policies), CloudWatch, CloudFront, Relational Database Service (RDS), Elastic Load Balancers (ELB), Elastic Container Registry (ECR), Simple Storage Service (S3)
- Experience of server administration in virtualised environments (VMWare primarily)
- Experience in using AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, AWS OpsWorks or other automation technologies to produce stacks of AWS resources that can be deployed in an automated, repeatable fashion
- Experience of using a full suite of configuration management and compliance tools, including managing code compliance, to produce OS and service configurations that can be deployed and maintained in an automated, repeatable fashion (e.g. Chef, Cookstyle, Chefspec, InSpec)
- Experience of administration and security in Apache based web systems
- Experience of UNIX, Mac and Windows systems integration
- Experience of authentication protocols, ideally Shibboleth/SAML, LDAP and Kerberos
- Excellent shell scripting skills (BASH). Writing and maintaining administrative scripts and tools
- Experience of Linux patch/updates management
- Solid experience of providing support for UNIX based production applications, including installation of open source software from source code
- Demonstrable experience of administering web application and database servers
- Experience with messaging application servers and other Internet computing technologies, including load balancing
- Experience of managing and maintaining MySQL databases
The contract is deemed outisde IR35 . Candidates must be available for interview from the week commencing 22 May 2023 and available to start ASAP. The initial duration will be 3 months with possible extensions up to a maximum of 12 months.