- eur 32000.0 to 48000.0 Annum
Due to their expansion, our client are looking for an additional Psychiatric Nurse to join their team in Dublin.
The Staff Nurse will work as a member of the multidisciplinary team and deliver professional nursing expertise either on an individual basis or through group work with clients, residents, and patients. This will involve assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating care to the highest professional and ethical standards within the model of nursing care practiced in the clinical care setting.
- Manage the nursing care of a caseload of patients as required
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate individualised patient / client care programmes within an agreed framework, in accordance with best practice at all stages of the process
- Ensure clinical risk assessments are completed as required
- Collaborate with the patient / client, their family and the inter-disciplinary team to facilitate the development and review of an appropriate care plan / discharge plan to ensure continuity of care
- Participate in Multidisciplinary, Team and Clinical meetings
- Observe, report and take appropriate action on any matter which may be detrimental to patient / client care or wellbeing or inhibit the efficient operation of the centre, unit or assignment
- Act as an advocate for patients / service users as required and provide relevant information on advocacy support
- Maintain appropriate and accurate written records and reports regarding patient / client care in accordance with the NMBI guidelines, Mental Health Act 2001 legislation and other relevant legislative and legal requirements
- Participate in innovation and change in the approach to patient/client care delivery, and contribute to service planning process, based on best practice and under the direction of nursing management, particularly in relation to new research findings and advances in treatment
- Ensure that current legal requirements for the safe administration and storage of medicines are adhered to in accordance with best practice
- Have a sound knowledge of clinical standards and participate in patient / client care audits
- Ensure that nursing care is carried out, using evidence-based approach, to a high standard in a safe environment maintaining the confidentiality and dignity of the patient / client at all times
- Promote a positive mental health concepts with patients and colleagues
- Be registered on the Psychiatric Division of the NMBI.
- Have excellent communication and organizational skills
- Have a clear commitment to person-centred care and strong interpersonal skills
- Have fluent spoken and written English