Garden Centre And Site Maintenance Operative
- GBP 25500.0 to 25500.0 Annum
We now have a Garden Centre and Site Maintenance Operative role available for our client based in Oswestry, Shropshire
This role would suit an upbeat and self-motivated individual who enjoys working systematically and productively and has a passion for plants, propagation and botany as a whole. This is a fast paced and energised environment which relies on organisation and efficiency.
You will be directly reporting to the Hire Department and daily responsibilities will be to
- Monitor and maintain plant health of all plants and assets within the Poly Tunnel, offices and across the site
- Apply pesticides and fertilisers to plants.
- Select and purchase seeds, plant nutrients, disease control chemicals, and garden and lawn care equipment.
- Onboard Poly Tunnel stock and assets onto the IT system.
- Propagation of plant assets.
- Ensuring all Poly Tunnel stock controls are up to date.
- Reporting shortages, damages, and incorrect stock.
- Ensure all on site pathways and walking areas are maintained, kept clean and tidy, and are free from slip and trip hazards.
- Inspect facilities and equipment for signs of disrepair, and perform necessary maintenance work.
- Communicate with relevant departments and project managers.
- Adhere to equipment safety procedures, safe methods of work and PPE requirements.
- Explain and enforce safety regulations and policies.
- Assisting with other general warehouse tasks when required.
- Be flexible to alter shifts where applicable and attend weekend stock counts if required.
- An in-depth understanding and experience in plant care health and maintenance
- Experience in stock control
- Ability to learn new systems and changes to processes
- Proactive in improving current processes
- Fully PC literate across different platforms (Google suite and/or experience using Current RMS is desirable)
- A ‘can do’ attitude and solution oriented mindset
- Physical stamina and dexterity
- Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative and also as a key team member
- Ability to multitask prioritise and organise workload
- Reliability and dependability
- Full driving licence
- Preferable Additions
- Qualification(s) in Horticultural Skills at Diploma level or equivalent
- Plant tickets - Forklift (Reach Counterbalance or Telescopic Handler)
- Knowledge and use of Current RMS
- Any industry standard qualifications (H&S first aid etc)
- Discretionary bonus
- Comprehensive Private Health cover after 3 month probation.
- Pension contributions
- Training as required as part of company training schemes
- Shared use of company pool vehicles when on jobs and at work
- Issue of company uniform and clothing
- Overtime pay provided at time and a half of the hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for the role, or to find out more, please call Chris on 07879 078292 or email Chris@optimal-recruitment.co.uk