Production Planner and Stock Controller
- Liversedge, WF15 7FH
- GBP 30000.0 to 35000.0 Annum
Our client is a UK manufacturer of Commercial Textile Flooring, Carpet Tiles, and Matting sold through Architects/Specifiers and the Contract Flooring trade, they have been in business since the Mid 60’s and one of their divisions is the market leader in the fibre bonded/non-woven flooring to the UK market.
We are now assisting with their search for a Production Planner and Stock Controller to work at their Liversedge office.
The purpose of the role will be to analyse required finished goods stock levels & incoming orders to then plan production to enable the efficient running of the factory to meet stock and order commitments OTIF.
The role will also be responsible for maintaining raw material levels of fibres and yarns to the desired level whilst keeping all stock records accurate so that financial records are accurate
- Working closely with the Production Management team, produce a daily & weekly production plan to ensure all order / stock requirements are met in full and providing an accurate running order for the machines.
- Liaise closely with Sales to ensure order information, lead times and queries are answered promptly.
- Attend and contribute to daily production meetings with the Production team & weekly production meetings with the Sales team.
- Run and action daily outstanding order reports so that up-to-date information is supplied to the production team.
- Monitor stock levels of raw materials and place orders when required to ensure production is not interrupted and where possible forecast requirements based on stock and order levels.
- Ensure that weekly / monthly stock count information is correctly inputted & reported to the accounts team whilst maintaining accurate costs of these stocks.
- Investigate any deficiencies in stock records / costs to enable accurate accounting information to be produced.
- Report on statistical information to the Operations Manager on stock levels & order demands on a daily / weekly basis or as and when required.
- A minimum of 3yrs previous experience in a production planning role is essential
- Knowledge & experience of modern production planning methodology is essential.
- Experience of stock control and purchasing is essential.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Experience working within quality standards such as ISO9001 is desirable.
- Flexible with a strong work ethic whilst ensuring a strong conviction to hitting requirements.
- Good IT skills are essential especially MS Excel.
£30,000 - £35,000 depending on experience
40hrs per week: Monday – Thursday - 0800-1630 and Fridays – 0800-1400
Flexibility in working hours (start & finish times) is encouraged depending upon requirements.
If you would like to apply for the role, or to find out more, please call Sharna on 07412 428910 or email Sharna@optimal-recruitment.co.uk