Supply Chain Manager
- SHEFFIELD, S4
- GBP 35000.0 to 40000.0 Annum
As Procurement and Supply Chain Manager your focus will be to develop the procurement and supply chain strategy. You will work closely with Sales, Operations and Logistics to understand the overall business requirements and ensure material stock levels are maintained and within budget. You will be responsible for working with our overseas suppliers, placing new production orders, and managing the shipment and delivery of the same to our UK warehouse.
You will work closely with the team at the main warehouse based in Cheshire, ensuring they are kept informed of all incoming deliveries, all stock levels are up to date and manage the movement of stock between the warehouse and manufacturing site.
The successful candidate will have a proven background in procurement and supply chain management preferably within a construction or manufacturing environment. Experience in sourcing materials and finished product form the Far East and India, developing strong relationships with suppliers. The individual will also have the ability to streamline processes, improve efficiency, control costs, develop new suppliers and monitor performance.
You will be experienced in:
- Maintaining Inventory stock levels across multiple SKUs, in some cases forecasting up to 12 months in advance and be experienced in end-to-end costing.
- Working directly with key Managers / stakeholders to develop a robust supply chain and implement the overall supply chain strategy for the business including creating and managing budgets.
- Managing imported product and have a thorough understanding of the import process working closely with freight forwarders to ensure product arrives OTIF
- Adept at carrying out data analysis to identify issues and/or opportunities for improvements and identify new sources of supply for the business to deliver significant cost savings.
- Communicating, negotiating, and sourcing product from all over the world
- Would have experience of using MRP
The person we are looking to employ needs to have:
- A Procurement and Supply Chain background within a manufacturing business.
- Knowledge of low-cost sourcing and be able to negotiate with new and existing suppliers.
- Experience of supplier relationship management and implementing Supply Chain functions.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A Strong personality and excellent communicator.
- Diligence, thoughtfulness & analytical skills, and high level of numeracy.
- Good organisational skills and efficiency.
- Good IT skills including Excel, Word, Project and PPt.
- Good people skills and able to work as part of a team.
- A proactive approach to work and wants to achieve.
- A keen eye for unique, innovative, and attractive new products.
The role will be part based in Sheffield. Travelling will be required between the group sites