Job title: Employment Solicitor
Location: Thames Valley
Full time, permanent
Bhayani Recruitment is working in partnership with a niche employment law practice to recruit an Employment Solicitor. Their head office is based in Thames Valley, and they are offering fully remote working.
Summary of role
This excellent boutique practice is looking to expand and therefore seeks an Employment Law Associate. It’s a mixed caseload of applicants and respondents who work with a busy firm representing a variety of clients. You should have a minimum of 2 years PQE and those with significant experience up to Director level are encouraged to apply. You will be utilising your skills and experience working on a variety of contentious and non-contentious employment matters. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with autonomy and flexibility within a forward-thinking firm with a solid reputation as a specialist in the area offering seamless legal services.
What will you be doing?
• Managing a caseload of a mixture of both claimant and respondent litigation and advisory work.
• Representing individuals and organisations in settlement agreement negotiations.
• Providing employment law advice across to organisations of various sizes across all sectors, communicating pragmatic and tailored advice to all clients.
• Board level appointments & exits.
• Restructures, acquisitions and merger employment advice.
• Regulatory issues.
• Complex employee relations issues and trade union relations.
• Reporting directly to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for supervising and coaching more junior members of the team.
• You will have the opportunity to learn from our other specialist advisors and take a lead on and learn from our other specialist advisors.
• Participating in business development initiatives.
Experience & skills
•Qualified solicitor with a minimum of 2 years PQE specialising in employment.
•Keen to offer practical and cost-effective solutions to meet the clients’ needs.
•Able to deal with clients across a variety of industry sectors.
•Willing to participate in the firm’s practice development activities.
•Possess excellent communication skills to influence and negotiate.
•Have a flexible and pragmatic attitude.
•Demonstrate sensitivity to different cultures, backgrounds, and objectives.
•The coaching and listening skills to influence a wide and diverse range of people and develop relationships.
•Work collaboratively and flexibly with peers.
•Personable and able to build relationships.
What do you get in return?
• A competitive salary of £45,000 pa, plus benefits including a generous contractual bonus scheme.
• Remote and flexible working.
• Excellent work-life balance.
• An exciting opportunity to join an innovative and fast-growing firm to develop your career with the support and resources needed to set you up for success, whilst having a high degree of autonomy.
• Join a trusted brand, with a ready-made client base and enjoy a progressive, innovative and supportive way of delivering legal services.
Bhayani recruitment is acting as an employment agency in relation to this role. Bhayani recruitment will ensure all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. We invite applicants to contact us directly to identify any additional support required. Candidates who are unable to apply online are encouraged to contact us directly for alternative ways to apply.