Head Of Building Surveying
- Hemel Hempstead
- GBP 70000.0 to 75000.0 Annum
We have a fantastic new opportunity for a Head of Building Surveying to join a successful national property consultancy offering a full range of property solutions from a network of offices across the UK. This role is based in Hemel Hempstead with travel around North of London and the Home Counties. Further travel could also be involved from time to time.
To be successful in this role you must be RICS qualified, as well as have strong business development skills and be entrepreneurially focused, prior experience of managing a team is not necessary.
- Leadership and management responsibilities for the Building Consultancy division setting strategy for the division and agree KPI targets for the division and its members, ensuring there are adequate resources to deliver services to clients efficiently and effectively.
- Be an inspiring leader and manager of the division, promoting high performance from all team members, and communicating regularly via team meetings and by other means.
- Ambassador for the company, supporting the promotion of the company’s Vision & Values within the Company and externally.
- Deliver the division’s fee target as well as any personal objectives.
- Generate new business for the division and the wider company and identifies new opportunities for expansion.
- Provide guidance on complicated instructions.
- Responsible for compliance and process improvement, ensuring all division members have the skills for their roles.
- The Head of Building Consultancy works with the Head of Consultancy and collaborates with the other divisions within the Consultancy Group.
- Be a full member of RICS (MRICS/FRICS)
- Ideally educated to degree level
- Broad extensive knowledge of the theories and practices within a functional area and understanding of wider business impacts with other areas.
- Carries responsibility for consideration and resolution of major problems for a business function
- Develops and communicates strategies for a department/function.
- Employee-Owned Business
- Healthcare cash plan from day 1 for employee and their children up to age of 24 via Medicash
- Private Medical Insurance from day 1 via AXA
- 25 days holiday increasing over length of service
- Generous Maternity & Paternity Pay
- Gym Discounts, up to 55% off Cinema Tickets, Shopping E-Cards, Travel Savings and much more via Medicash Extras
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Referral Bonus from £1000 up to £5000* - dependant on seniority
- 24/7 Access to Virtual GP
- Mental Health Support
- Professional subscriptions (MRICS/VRS/MRTPI, etc.) paid for by the company
- As an In Investor in People (Silver) they offer support with qualifications and opportunities for learning and development
- Great work life balance
- Provision of IT equipment to facilitate remote working
£70,000 - £75,000 + Car Allowance of £5,886
Hours are 9.00 - 5:30, Monday - Friday- flexible if required
If you would like to apply for the role, or to find out more, please call Chris on 07879 078292 or email Chris@optimal-recruitment.co.uk