Job title: Legal Secretary – Personal Injury
Full-time/ Part-time, permanent
Salary: Up to £26,000k
Bhayani Recruitment is working in partnership with a long-established and dynamic law firm in South Yorkshire to recruit a Legal Secretary within their Personal Injury Department. This firm has a reputation for being an excellent employer and looking after staff. They recognise that good staff are the cornerstone of their business, and they are keen to employ individuals who can provide a hands-on contribution to their future. Their high-paced, supportive culture is for people who want to enjoy their work, fulfill their career potential, and, most of all, succeed in what they do.
Summary of role
The purpose of the role of Legal Secretary is to provide key, focused legal secretarial and administrative assistance for the Personal Injury Department and ensure that its wide-ranging and demanding administrative requirements are met. You will be expected to comply with any task relating to the efficient running of the office and all administrative procedures and responsibilities. Filing data and performing other essential, routine clerical tasks as assigned by the fee earners and departmental Fee Earners, including (but not limited to) the ordering and maintenance of relevant office supplies for the effectiveness of Fee Earner duties and general administrative tasks, such as filing, photocopying, printing and the assembly of spines, labels and front sheets for completion bibles and court/litigation bundles, opening and closing of matter files both on proclaim and paper.
What will you be doing?
• Preparing and sorting incoming and outgoing DX and postal correspondence and documentation, allocating them to the relevant Fee Earner and scanning that correspondence and documentation to the correct electronic matter file, within the practice management whilst ensuring the avoidance of GDPR data breaches.
• Attending client meetings with Fee Earners, recording accurate, hand-written notes and preparing detailed attendance notes of instructions given by the clients and the advice delivered by Fee Earners.
• Ensuring that Fee Earners' instructions and deadlines are met, and that delegated work is completed correctly and efficiently, based on high level of competency in prioritisation of objectives and time management.
• Greeting departmental clients and directing them to the appropriate meeting room within the office, in addition to tending to hospitality needs based on client requirements, as directed by relevant Fee Earner.
• Answering a high volume of calls and maintaining a rapid response rate, according to agreed objectives with third-party callers and promoting the customer service standards of the practice. Demonstrating an ability to manage the expectations of demanding clients and take accurate messages for the appropriate departmental Fee Earner
• Logging key information on calls received and the content of those calls and maintaining detailed and accurate records, by way of attendance notes, documenting accurately the content and nature of calls received.
• Facilitate the meeting of key deadlines and objectives by keeping and managing multiple calendar agendas of Fee Earners and providing timely reminders (both electronic and personal).
• Scheduling of court depositions, hearings, and other related meetings, along with booking clients in for advice meetings as a result of initial calls and operating accurate and concise management of calendar agendas of Fee Earners.
Qualifications / Experience
• Minimum of 2:1 in LLB Honours Degree / Law Degree (Desirable)
• Minimum or 3 A-Levels or equivalent (Desirable)
• Minimum of 10 GCSE’s including Maths and English (Essential)
• 2 years working within a Person Injury Admin based role (Essential)
• Strong command of spelling and grammar. Proofreading legal documents (both personally drafted and third-party).
• Will be proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer systems
• Have notable attention to detail.
• Possess commercial acumen.
• Have a flexible and pragmatic attitude and a proven ability to multi-task.
• Maintaining regular, consistent, and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and demonstrating adherence to practice policies and procedures.
• Pursue and show a keen interest in personal development of knowledge and skills necessary for the effective performance of the role.
• Be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Partners, co-workers, clients, and third parties, demonstrating a courteous and professional demeanour at all times.
What do you get in return?
Bhayani recruitment are acting as an employment agency in relation to this role. Bhayani recruitment will ensure all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. We invite applicants to contact us directly to identify any additional support required. Candidates who are unable to apply online are encouraged to contact us directly for alternative ways to apply.