- Cheadle Hulme
- GBP 19000.0 to 23000.0 Annum
Job title: Conveyancing Assistant
Location: Cheadle, Greater Manchester
Salary: Up to £23,000
Bhayani Recruitment is working in partnership with a prestigious and reputable firm of solicitors in Greater Manchester to recruit a Conveyancing Assistant. This well-established firm prioritises its employees’ well-being and are big advocates for a positive work-life balance. They are looking for a confident and hard-working employee to join their friendly team. There would be no better time to join this firm, as they are rapidly and are due to upgrade offices within the upcoming months.
Summary of role
The role of Conveyancing Assistant is to assist an existing fee earner with administrative and legal tasks to help manage their caseload. Initially, you will be trained to use the case management system and deal with clients. The development of you and the role will be assessed monthly and further training and development will be assessed and planned at these monthly progression meetings.
What will you be doing?
- Reviewing the initial completed client care packs and ensuring the case management system is updated accordingly.
- Ordering searches, reviewing searches and preparing a search report, reviewing mortgage offers and preparing a mortgage report, Land Registry applications, Risk Assessments (with assistance and supervision), anti-money laundering checks (you will undergo regular training in this aspect of the work), conflict checks.
- Speaking with client/ Estate Agents/Bank/Building Society/third parties in relation to the client files.
- Dealing with sale enquiries and ensuring the correct enquiry is raised with the correct person/company. I.e., liaising with Councils, managing agents, clients, etc.
- Post Completion – Stamp Duty Land Tax Applications, Land Registry Applications and replying to requisitions/ Closing files.
- Deal effectively and proactively with clients over the telephone, email, and in face-to-face meetings.
- To communicate effectively and proactively with other solicitors and professional organisations over the telephone, by email correspondence.
- Over time you will assist in raising enquiries on Purchase files and answering enquiries on Sale files for both residential and commercial property matters with supervision. There will also be scope for assisting in the drafting approval of commercial leases and other property documentation.
Qualifications and Experience:
- LLB Law Degree (Desirable),
- 1 years experience in a residential property role
Skills and Knowledge requirements:
- Using a computerised case management system.
- Knowledge and demonstrable background in residential property work.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills to influence and negotiate.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload within required timescales.
- Possess a calm demeanour under pressure and an ability to work collaboratively and flexibly with peers and seniority.
- Be resilient and able to deal confidently with and build strong relationships with senior business colleagues.
- Have a flexible and pragmatic attitude and a proven ability to multitask.
- Be confident in decision-making, analytical and proactive.
What do you get in return?
- Pension scheme.
- 25 days holiday + 4 days at Christmas, + Bank Holidays.
- A salary of between £19,000 and £23,000 dependent upon experience and qualifications.
- Enjoy a relaxed, close-knit and friendly office – With frequent social events, and after-work treats, this welcoming bunch like to work hard, and play hard.
- Join a trusted brand. With a ready-made client base and enjoy a progressive, innovative and supportive environment.
Bhayani recruitment is acting as an employment agency in relation to this role. Bhayani recruitment will ensure all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. We invite applicants to contact us directly to identify any additional support required. Candidates who are unable to apply online are encouraged to contact us directly for alternative ways to apply.