Business Administration Apprentice
- Stockton-on-Tees, TS18
- GBP 5.28 to 0.0 Hour
Our client is looking for a Business Administration Apprentice to join their team!
Receive, assist, and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient, and effective way.
Provide general assistance to the practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone.
- Ensure an effective and efficient reception service is provided to patients and any other visitors to the practice
- Deal with all general enquiries, explain procedures and make new and follow-up appointments
- Explain practice arrangements and formal requirements to new patients and those seeking temporary cover and ensure procedures are completed.
- Receive and make telephone calls as required. Divert calls and take messages, ensuring accuracy of detail and prompt appropriate delivery
- Enter requests for home visits into the computer system, ensuring careful recording of all relevant details and where necessary refer to Duty Doctor.
- Action repeat prescription requests and ensure that they are ready for collection by the patient within 48 hours, either on the computer or manually
- Prepare lists and notes for all surgeries and clinics held, ensuring completion of all associated paperwork
- Advise patients of relevant charges for private (non-General Medical Services) services, accept payment and issue receipts for same
- Enter patient information on to the computer as required
- Patient notes and correspondence: Retrieve and re-file records as required, ensuring strict alphabetical order is adhered to
- Ensure correspondence, reports, results etc are filed promptly and in the correct records, ensuring that all recent correspondence is available when patients are seen
- Ensure records are kept in good repair with all necessary information on the outside cover clearly visible
- Make and serve refreshments, ensure the kitchen is kept clean and tidy and air and tidy the waiting room in turn with other staff
- Open up premises at the start of the day when first to arrive, de-activate alarm and make all necessary preparations to receive patients. When last to leave at the end of the day, ensure that the building is totally secured, internal lights are off and the alarm activated. Telephone systems are switched over
- Ensure that all new patients are registered onto the computer system promptly and accurately
- Undertake any other additional duties appropriate to the post as requested by the Partners or the Practice Manager
What training will the apprentice recieve:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
This will be delivered 2 consecutive days off the job learning, remotely via google classroom.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential for a full time role following successful completion of the apprenticeship programme.
Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship
Salary: £5.50 per hour