National Account Manager
- Bala, LL23 7
- GBP 50000.0 to 50000.0 Annum
Our client is an independently owned bakery manufacturer and distributor with a national presence, serving major food service customers and priding themselves on supplying the highest quality products and service.
As part of their ongoing growth there is now a fantastic opportunity for an experienced National Account Manager to join their team based in North Wales, where you will strengthen and expand existing relationships, and identify and develop new commercial opportunities as well as avenues of growth within the grocery sector.
Working within the current commercial team, the National Account Manager will develop and maintain sales of the company’s product range whilst seeking out new business opportunities.
- Have a proactive approach to developing effective joint business plans in assigned customer accounts that drive mutually profitable growth with full P&L responsibility
- Identify, qualify, and develop new business opportunities to deliver incremental, profitable sales
- Developing multi-level and cross functional relationships across the account portfolio with the ability to influence both externally and internally
- Supporting the implementation of category initiatives, promotional activity and price negotiation
- Achieve budgeted sales and margin targets
- To ensure effective sales analysis on relevant areas of responsibility and complete reports as required
- To continuously improve knowledge of the industry
- Develop key internal customer relationships - Commercial / NPD / Supply Chain / Marketing / Participate in S&OP
- Ensuring internal company functions give the highest level of customer service to national accounts
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working within the Food Industry ideally within the bakery sector with a proven track record of driving sales growth
- Experience of managing Top 4 retailers essential
- Experience in Own Brand and Branded product sales
- Willing to travel
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- You will be able to demonstrate financial and commercial acumen and strategic thinking with entrepreneurial flair
- Car allowance
- 33 days annual leave including bank holidays
- Signing bonus
Salary: £50,000 depending on experience
This role will be suited to someone who is forward thinking, driven and a real go-getter and in return offers outstanding rewards both financially and professionally.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity or to find out more, please call Naya on 0777 887 2283 or email Naya@optimal-recruitment.co.uk