Sommelier for 5 Star Golf Resort Co Kildare
- Maynooth, W23 TD98
- EUR 0.0 to 0.0 Annum
Recruitment Needs Consulting – Hotel and Catering Division – are working with a luxurious Five Star Golf Resort Hotel Brand in Co Kildare.
The Hotel has an exciting new opportunity for a Sommelier.
There is an amazing team already in place.
There has never been a more exciting time to embark on a career with this luxury Hotel Property. It has re-opened under one of the world's most storied hotel brands.
The Hotel would like to meet people with a passion for service, innovation and going the extra mile for both their guests and colleagues. In doing so, they offer a workplace that puts excellence and innovation at the forefront while championing a diverse and inclusive team. There will not be many late nights weekly.
Why work with this Hotel?
- Strong team focus and team atmosphere.
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor Hotels worldwide.
- Learning and development opportunities.
- Meals and uniforms are provided.
- Free parking.
- Team-building and social events organised throughout the year in line with our successful Awards and Recognition Scheme.
- Training is provided both on-the-job and through organised training seminars with both internal and external trainers.
- Free Temporary Accommodation for One Month Free
- Work with Chef and Outlet Manager on menu promotion and wine pairing selection.
- Work with suppliers and F&B/Purchasing department to obtain best price products and introduce right wines to suit outlets' needs or promotions based on guest feedback or menu offering.
- Check wine storage areas for proper supplies, organization and cleanliness. Rectify any cleanliness/organization deficiencies.
- Maintain par levels for wine stock, supplies and equipment. Complete requisitions to replenish shortages or additional items needed for the anticipated business.
- Review sales of the previous day and conduct requisition of items required for business.
- Ensure wine orders are received correctly, properly stored/recorded and kept secured.
- Ensure that the wine lists are updated, available and in good condition for each meal period.
- Recommend suitable wine for guests to enhance their dining experience and ensure the compliance of LQA standards and delivery of Service Promise.
- Assist in control measures on wine cost for the outlet and to be in line of budget.
- Maintain and check the outlet’s/heart of the house’s cleanliness and comply with the F&B sanitation and hygiene rules and regulations.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum WSET Level 2 and above.
- Diploma in Hospitality Management.
- Previous experience managing an extensive wine list.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with guests.
- Service-oriented with good attention to detail.
- Good problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Effective conflict management skills, respecting a diverse, multi-cultural environment.
- Able to work under pressure and independently.
If you believe that you have the experience that we have outlined above, please send your CV for consideration for this role
Please apply in the link below, or you can speak with Ian Devoy of Recruitment Needs Consulting about this role or any other hospitality and finance roles on 0851319973.
Due to our client’s instructions, sponsorship will not be available for this role for those living outside of Ireland and who require a sponsorship visa to live and work in Ireland.
Recruitment Needs Consulting operates as a recruitment agency in the provision of this role.
Recruitment Needs Consulting prides itself on providing the highest quality permanent recruitment solutions to our candidates and business partners.
We consider every application; however, due to the high volume of applications, we will only contact successful applicants for interviews. We offer our sincerest apologies in this regard.