- Halifax, HX2 9TZ
- GBP 30912.0 to 0.0 Annum
A well established and very reputable manufacturing business based in Halifax is now looking for an experienced HGV Driver to join their growing team.
About the role:
To ensure goods are delivered in a first-class condition, completing all necessary paperwork and above all, leaving a positive impression of the business on the customers
- Ensure products are safely loaded and secured to minimise chances of damage.
- Cross check that the load is correct against the customers’ orders.
- Ensure that on arrival the delivery is safe to make and respect customer’s property; if in doubt, consult with customer and/or Warehouse & Transport Manager.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Handle customer issues on delivery effectively and contact Warehouse & Transport Manager for assistance if required.
- Carry out multi-drop deliveries in a timely and safe manner.
- Drive the vehicle safely and in accordance with the law, remembering at all times that the vehicles are branded and representative of the Company’s impression on the general public.
- Look after the vehicle and ensure that it is not subjected to unnecessary damage.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the driving cab.
- Ensure accidents are kept to a minimum.
- Report any accidents as soon as possible and in compliance with the company’s accident reporting procedure.
- Complete vehicle daily inspection sheet and give to Warehouse & Transport Manager.
- Attend essential training to carry out the driver role.
- When required provide support in the warehouse/yard as required by the Warehouse & Transport Manager.
- Adhere to all relevant company procedures and processes are followed and adhered to in line with the Company’s procedures and requirements particular Health and Safety regulation.
- Constantly work to improve processes.
- Make suggestions for productivity improvements.
- Ensure the warehouses and yard are always clear of debris.
- Ensure that equipment is properly maintained.
- Physical demands include the stacking of goods onto pallets from storage bays, stacking empty pallets, coupling and uncoupling of trailers and opening and closing of vehicle curtains.
- Ensure all vehicles are locked and secure with the keys returned to the key cupboard.
- Ensure the minimum amount of noise is made at night and the loading plan is always adhered to.
- Utilise the Company’s electronic document submission application to report damage and discrepancies on deliveries to ensure that customers are invoiced correctly.
- Hold LGV/HGV Licence.
- Driver CPC.
- No DUI/DWI convictions in the past seven years.
- High levels of health and safety standards.
- Clear vision and good eyesight.
- Diligent attention to detail.
- Adept are operating and controlling additional equipment.
- Patience and ability to work under pressure.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Efficient time-management skills.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Resilient and flexible mindset with the ability to adapt to process changes.
- Works effectively within a team.
- Consistently presents a professional manner in appearance, language, and behaviour.
Contractual Hours:10 hours per day – Monday to Friday with occasional overtime and night, Flexible start times from 5am
Overtime: Paid for hours above contractual hours
Class: C or C+E
Salary: £30,912 per annum
Holidays – 23 days, increasing with service after 5 years
Bonus – Guaranteed 10% Annual bonus (pro rata for new starters)
Pension – 7%
For a confidential discussion please call Sharna on 07412 428910 or email Sharna@optimal-recruitment.co.uk