Job title: Residential Conveyancer
Location: Penistone, Barnsley
Full time/part-time, permanent
Salary: Up to £40,000 - Dependent on qualifications and experience
Bhayani Recruitment is working in partnership with a trustworthy and passionate law firm in Yorkshire to recruit the Residential Conveyancer to join their friendly team of hard workers. This firm is known for its reliability and strong client base. They are enthusiastic about internal progression and have many opportunities for career development, with the Managing Director going into retirement. They’re looking for someone who can come in, work hard, and make their mark.
Summary of role
As a conveyancer, you will advise clients on all aspects of buying or selling, residential property including title investigation, drafting contracts, meeting any lenders requirements, compliance, as well as legal and financial issues. Your day-to-day activities will involve a great deal of research and drafting documents, as well as speaking with clients and giving legal advice. The individual must be highly motivated, committed to improving the customer experience and relish the opportunities this role will bring. You will provide good quality legal advice and other legal services to the firm’s clients and contribute to the overall profitability of the firm, with particular reference to providing efficient, cost-effective work and contributing to practice development through marketing and selling strategies.
What will you be doing?
- Handling a wide and varied caseload of residential conveyancing matters including sales and purchases, freehold and leasehold sales, purchases, new build, buy to let, transfer of equity and re-mortgage work.
- Take initial instructions from clients and advise (if appropriate after consultation with the supervising Director) as appropriate on the legal action and all alternatives as appropriate open to the client. Keep the client informed as required by the firm’s set procedures and provide courteous and efficient service.
- Progress files allocated in accordance with the firm’s set procedures ensuring standards of conduct, file management and time-recording are maintained at all times.
- Meet all costs/fee targets.
- Meet on a regular basis with the Managing Director to review cases and any other matters relevant to the post holder’s position. Report to the Managing Director immediately any difficulties being experienced, in particular, those, which may lead to a complaint, or a claim being taken against the firm and/or complaint from a client via the Legal Ombudsman.
- Maintain the office and client account ensuring the Solicitors Accounts Rules are followed in respect of each file. Comply with all Law Society and Solicitors’ Regulation Authority rules and regulations presently in force and as added to or amended from time to time, as far as the same applies to non-solicitor members of the firm. Comply with the provisions of the UK Finance Handbook.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 2:1 LLB Law Degree,
- Formal Qualification (LPC / SRA / GDL / CILEx Level 6)
- 4 years’ experience in a conveyancing role
Skills and Knowledge requirements:
- Using a computerised case management system.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills to influence and negotiate.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload within required timescales.
- Possess a calm demeanour under pressure and an ability to work collaboratively and flexibly with peers and seniority.
- Be resilient and able to deal confidently with and build strong relationships with senior business colleagues.
- Possess strategic thinking skills to work with the directors to set legal direction.
- Have a flexible and pragmatic attitude and a proven ability to multi-task.
- Be confident in decision making, analytical and proactive.
What do you get in return?
- Pension scheme.
- Free on-site parking.
- 28 days holiday plus Bank Holidays.
- A salary of between £30,000 and £40,000 - dependent upon qualifications and experience.
- Communicating, sharing & socialising. They’re a sociable bunch and love to attend fundraisers and have fun whilst making money for charities.
- Flexible and autonomous working. You’ll be able to manage your own diary, finding the right work/life balance that suits you.
- Join a trusted brand. With a ready-made client base and enjoy a progressive, innovative and supportive environment.
- Progression - Opportunities are available for the right candidate who wishes to go down this route.
Bhayani recruitment is acting as an employment agency in relation to this role. Bhayani recruitment will ensure all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. We invite applicants to contact us directly to identify any additional support required. Candidates who are unable to apply online are encouraged to contact us directly for alternative ways to apply.