Coventry Hybrid Working
Salary up to £26,000
This is a wonderful opportunity for someone who wants a great work life balance to join the company as a Credit Controller. With only three days in the office and every single Friday from home. You can also pick one other day of your choice to work from home.
Maybe you are a debt recovery officer or a credit controller who would like to work within a small, family-oriented business with an ethical outlook.
Our client is an ethical business with the community at the heart of everything they do. They consciously work on breaking down barriers for disadvantaged or low-income families and lies and help them to achieve their financial goals. With fully expensed company away days and excellent benefits – this business is a people-focused one that looks after its employees!
Your skills, experience and attributes
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience of recoveries/credit control in the financial services industry.
• Diligent and adaptable with a keen eye for detail.
• Able to exercise good judgment in relation to treating customers fairly.
• Self-starter – able to work independently and as part of a wider team while remaining focused under pressure.
• Ability to empathise with customers whilst negotiating effective resolution to disputes
• Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
• Proven experience in a credit control /KYC / SME lending role.
• Working knowledge of term finance and government backed schemes would be desirable.
• You are passionate about supporting businesses and want to make a difference locally.
• You have a solid understanding of credit management principles and negotiating strategies.
• You have experience working with different client bases and able to evidence your ability to empathise with customers.
How you will deliver
• Act as primary contact for post sanction queries including payment difficulties and proactive relationship management.
• Maximise the collection of arrears by being proactive in contacting businesses and personal guarantors and by agreeing payment plans to clear arrears within reasonable timescales.
• Performing ongoing customer due diligence on clients and validation of client KYC evidence
• Comprehensive credit management responsibility
• Producing professionally written and presented correspondence
• Providing commercial reporting on portfolio performance
• Final conversations with delinquent debtors and advising of remedial actions
• Supporting effective controls to ensure appropriate governance and adherence to company policies and procedures.
• Managing relationships with personal guarantors, recovery agents and external partners.
The successful Credit Controller will play a pivotal role in the development and success of the company and can look forward to an exciting career journey with this locally focused business.
To apply simply send your CV and we will review and contact you immediately. Your Talent Solutions is a recruitment company that specialises in projects and programmes.