IT Support Apprenticeship
- Newcastle upon Tyne, NE3
- GBP 5.28 to 0.0 Hour
As an IT Helpdesk Technician/Trainee, you will be responsible for providing telephone support to our customers to maintain their systems where required and rectify any faults in a professional and timely manner.
- Provide telephone support to our clients to maintain systems.
- Report and assist with 3rd party faults and pass to the relevant department where necessary.
- Support the technical team in additional areas where required.
- Carry out general administration duties such as filling, logging calls, database administration etc.
- General network administration & troubleshooting
- Provide user management support.
- Office 365 administration.
- Contributes to knowledgebase.
- Assists with set-ups, including routine software/hardware upgrades and repairs.
- Makes recommendations to improve processes, procedures, and productivity.
The successful applicant will ideally have the following:
- Experience within working environment.
- Experience/passion to work with tech.
- Good communication skills both on the phone and in person.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organisational skills and shows enthusiasm to all duties.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Information Communications Technician apprenticeship standard:
Day release class
Maths and English functional skills, if required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possibility of a permanent position upon the completion of the apprenticeship.
Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship
Salary: Up to £5.28 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Gosforth, NE3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)