- GBP 20000.0 to 24000.0 Annum
Job title: Legal Assistant
Full time, permanent
Salary: Up to £24,000
Bhayani Recruitment is working in partnership with a long-established and dynamic law firm in South Yorkshire to recruit a Legal Assistant to join their friendly team of experts. This firm has a reputation for being an excellent employer and looking after staff. They recognise that good staff are the cornerstone of their business, and they are keen to employ individuals who can provide a hands-on contribution to their future. Their high-paced, supportive culture is for people who want to enjoy their work, fulfil their career potential and, most of all, succeed in what they do.
Summary of role
The role of Legal Assistant is to assist an existing fee earner with administrative and legal tasks to help manage their caseload. Initially you will be trained to open and close files, use the case management system and deal with clients. Your development and the role will be assessed with monthly progression meetings, where further training and development will be assessed and planned. The role can develop up to senior Legal Assistant and or Assistant Fee earner over time.
What will you be doing?
- Opening all types of Commercial and Residential Property files on the case management system– Over time your role will develop so that you are able to gather sufficient information from clients and other staff members directly in order to open files and gather initial instructions, signed client care letters, identity documents and all other paperwork to get matters underway.
- Ordering searches, Land Registry applications, Risk Assessments (with assistance and supervision), anti-money laundering checks (you will undergo regular training in this aspect of the work), conflict checks.
- Speaking with client/ Estate Agents/Bank/Building Society/third parties in relation to the client files
- Post Completion – Stamp Duty Land Tax Applications, Land Registry Applications and replying to requisitions/ Closing files.
- Deal effectively and proactively with clients over the telephone, email, and face to face meetings.
- To communicate effectively and proactively with other solicitors and professional organisations over the telephone, by email and correspondence.
- Over time you will assist in raising enquiries on Purchase files and answering enquiries on Sale files for both residential and commercial property matters with supervision. There will also be scope for assisting in the drafting approval of commercial leases and other property documentation.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 2:1 LLB Law Degree,
- CILEx qualified
- 1 years’ experience in a residential property role
Skills and Knowledge requirements:
- Using a computerised case management system.
- Knowledge and demonstrable background of residential property work.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills to influence and negotiate.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload within required timescales.
- Possess a calm demeanour under pressure and an ability to work collaboratively and flexibly with peers and seniority.
- Be resilient and able to deal confidently with and build strong relationships with senior business colleagues.
- Have a flexible and pragmatic attitude and a proven ability to multi-task.
- Be confident in decision making, analytical and proactive.
What do you get in return?
- Pension scheme.
- Free on-site parking.
- 24 days holiday plus Bank Holidays.
- A salary of between £20,000 and £24,000 dependent upon experience.
- Communicating, sharing & socialising. They’re a sociable bunch and love to attend fundraisers and have fun whilst making money for charities.
- Join a trusted brand. With a ready-made client base and enjoy a progressive, innovative and supportive environment.
- Career Progression - Opportunities available for the right candidate who wishes to go down this route.
Bhayani recruitment is acting as an employment agency in relation to this role. Bhayani recruitment will ensure all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. We invite applicants to contact us directly to identify any additional support required. Candidates who are unable to apply online are encouraged to contact us directly for alternative ways to apply.