- Northampton, NN4 5EA
- GBP 0000.0 to 0.0 Annum
Job title: Employment Lawyer
Bhayani Recruitment is working in partnership with an award-winning law firm practice to recruit an ambitious Employment Lawyer. They pride themselves on being a friendly bunch of people, who prioritise an excellent work/life balance which makes their staff members so loyal.
This firm is the largest commercial law team in Northamptonshire and have 6 offices across the UK. They have been recognised by the Legal 500 and are Lexcel Accredited. They have also been named as the Northamptonshire Law Society’s Law Firm of the Year for the third time in 2019 and possessing numerous Law Society of England & Wales “Excellence” achievements.
Summary of role
The role of Employment lawyer is someone who can work independently, handling their caseload from instruction to completion with the support of the Employment Partner. This role involves managing a diverse and varied caseload of contentious and non-contentious work for businesses of all sizes, as well as some employee work.
What will you be doing?
- Managing a caseload of a mixture of both claimant and respondent litigation and advisory work.
- Representing individuals and organisations in settlement agreement negotiations.
- Providing employment law advice across to organisations of various sizes across all sectors, communicating pragmatic and tailored advice to all clients.
- Board level appointments & exits.
- Restructures, acquisitions and merger employment advice.
- Regulatory issues.
- Complex employee relations issues and trade union relations.
- Reporting directly to the Employment Partner, you will be responsible for supervising and coaching more junior members of the team.
- You will have the opportunity to learn from our other specialist advisors and take a lead on and learn from our other specialist advisors.
- Participating in business development initiatives.
Experience & skills
- A minimum of 4 years specialising in employment.
- Keen to offer practical and cost-effective solutions to meet the clients’ needs.
- Able to deal with clients across a variety of industry sectors.
- Willing to participate in the firm’s practice development activities.
- Possess excellent communication skills to influence and negotiate.
- Have a flexible and pragmatic attitude.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to different cultures, backgrounds, and objectives.
- The coaching and listening skills to influence a wide and diverse range of people and develop relationships.
- Work collaboratively and flexibly with peers.
- Personable and able to build relationships.
What do you get in return?
- A competitive salary
- Excellent work-life balance.
- An exciting opportunity to join an innovative and fast-growing firm to develop your career with the support and resources needed to set you up for success, whilst having a high degree of autonomy.
- Join a trusted brand, with a ready-made client base and enjoy a progressive, innovative and supportive way of delivering legal services.
- Salary sacrifice scheme which provides a tax-efficient way to get into a new car - The salary sacrifice car scheme is open to all vehicles whether ICE (Internal Combustion Engine) Hybrid or Electric and provides savings generated through reductions in national insurance and income tax payments.
- Option to join a pension scheme where we will match up to 4% contribution
- BUPA (certain positions only) with the ability to add spouse and/or dependants
- Regular Long Service Awards
- Discounted Health Club and Gym Memberships
- Other flexible benefits such as the option to purchase additional annual leave, Health Screening, Retail Discounts Scheme and more
- Competitive holiday entitlement that rises with length of service
- Death in Service benefit (after qualifying period) paying 3 x salary
- Paid Volunteer Leave They have a proven track record in developing and promoting from within.
- This is a role where your voice will be heard, with genuine scope for a challenging but supported career.
Bhayani recruitment is acting as an employment agency in relation to this role. Bhayani recruitment will ensure all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. We invite applicants to contact us directly to identify any additional support required. Candidates who are unable to apply online are encouraged to contact us directly for alternative ways to apply.