- Deepcar, S36 2RD
- GBP 12.0 to 14.0 Hour
We are now looking for an experienced Pub Chef for our fantastic client in Deepcar, Sheffield.
As a Pub Chef, your primary responsibility will be to oversee and manage the culinary operations within a pub setting. You will be responsible for planning and executing menus, preparing, and cooking food, and maintaining high standards of food quality and presentation. Additionally, you will supervise kitchen staff, ensure compliance with food safety regulations, and contribute to creating a positive dining experience for patrons.
The successful candidate will hold a Level 2 Food Hygiene qualification as a minimum.
Menu Planning and Execution:
- Create diverse and appealing menus that cater to the pub's target audience and align with current food trends.
- Develop innovative and seasonal dishes while considering cost, availability of ingredients, and customer preferences.
- Maintain high standards of food quality, taste, and presentation by ensuring consistency and attention to detail in all food preparations.
Food Preparation and Cooking:
- Prepare and cook a variety of dishes, including appetisers, entrees, and desserts, following established recipes and pub standards.
- Ensure proper portion control, minimize waste, and maintain food cost targets.
- Monitor and manage food stock levels, ensuring timely ordering and replenishment of ingredients.
- Train, supervise, and schedule kitchen staff, including line cooks and kitchen assistants.
- Provide guidance and support to the team, ensuring smooth operations and adherence to food safety and hygiene standards.
- Foster a positive work environment by promoting teamwork, communication, and professional development.
Food Safety and Regulations:
- Comply with local health and safety regulations, maintaining a clean and organized kitchen environment.
- Monitor food storage, handling, and preparation practices to prevent contamination and ensure adherence to food safety standards.
- Conduct regular inspections, implement corrective actions, and maintain proper documentation related to food safety.
- Collaborate with front-of-house staff to ensure smooth coordination between the kitchen and dining areas.
- Address customer inquiries, special dietary requirements, and feedback, striving to exceed customer expectations.
- Continuously seek opportunities to improve the pub's culinary offerings and enhance the overall dining experience.
- Other duties as required
- Minimum L2 Food Hygiene
- Previous experience as a Chef or Cook in a similar pub or restaurant environment.
- Strong knowledge of food preparation techniques, cooking methods, and culinary trends.
- Familiarity with menu planning, costing, and inventory management.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of food safety and sanitation regulations.
- Creativity and a passion for culinary excellence.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required.
To apply please contact Sharna on 07412 428910 or send your CV through to email@example.com