- Thames Ditton, KT7
- GBP 28000.0 to 28000.00 Annum
We have a fantastic Events/Bar Manager role now available for our client in Thames Ditton, Surrey
You will take responsibility for the financial success of the bar & the events calendar, and have a range of duties, including events coordination, club-wide administrative, leadership, and practical tasks. You must ensure the bar operates efficiently and customers have the best possible experience.
Role and Responsibilities
- Events Coordination
- Increasing F&B revenue via events/functions
- Integration with marketing to promote events/functions
- External Lead generation
- Creation, development, and management of events calendar
- Focal point for all service aspects related to events/functions
- Overseeing the cleanliness of the bar area paying attention to possible health hazards and regulation violations, this also includes opening/closing checklists, daily/weekly clean schedules. Setting and enforcing quality and safety controls.
- Managing the business aspects of the bar, such as keeping a current liquor license, and other licenses up to date, negotiating supplier contracts, taking inventory, and reordering supplies, managing budgets, and setting goals.
- Hiring and training bar staff to provide excellent service to customers.
- Meet targets set by your line manager.
- Increase bar usage and member spend per head
- Creating effective rotas with the bar supervisor to ensure the bar is well-staffed during peak hours and appropriately staffed during quieter times.
- Working with diverse personalities, both staff, and customers.
- Ensure the wastage is controlled and logged on the wastage sheet for the stock taker
- Maintain a positive, safe work environment for staff and encourage career development
- Ensure the cellar is cleaned and maintained & lines are cleaned regularly
- Produce and execute the Annual Events Calendar
- Improve Customer Service and experience (Measured by NPS)
- Improve Gross Profit margin
- NVQ Level 3 Hospitality & Catering (incl: cellar management) or equivalent desirable
- Require strong experience in events Coordination/Management experience
- People Management
- Leadership Training Preferable
- Level 3 Food Hygiene preferable
- Excellent organisation skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent paperwork and computer skills
- Ideally you will have experience in organising many varied functions;
- Weddings / Formal dinners
- Comedy nights
- High-volume catering at indoor and outdoor social events
- Family activities
- Promoting and delivering excellent member social events and function/parties
- 28 days holiday, increasing with tenure
- Gym membership
- Gym discount for family after 1 year service
- Hair & beauty discount
- Ride to work scheme
- Food discount in restaurant
40 hours per week, Shift working with some weekend work required.
If you would like to apply for the role, or to find out more, please call Chris on 07879 078292 or email Chris@optimal-recruitment.co.uk