Job title: Finance and Billing Assistant
Salary: Dependent on experience
Bhayani Recruitment is working in partnership with a forward-thinking and well-established firm of solicitors specialising in care proceedings to recruit a Finance and Billing Assistant. Our client have many years of experience working with people that are facing difficult family issues and really puts its employees first. Committed to training and development, this role will suit someone with a particular interest in the legal sector looking to carve out a career.
Summary of role
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing financial administration and business support services. This will include liaising with clients, processing monthly bills, drafting documents and project management.
What will you be doing?
• Administering the disbursement process including:
• Processing the monthly billing cycle for Local Authority work including:
• Processing monthly interim bills, Public Law Outline bills and payments on account
• Administering completed files for billing promptly and accurately, including:
• Processing of staff expense claims, ensuring matter ledgers are updated before sending for payment
• General administrative assistance, including filing, copying, scanning documents where required.
• Compliance with the firm's policies and procedures e.g. Health & Safety, Data Protection
• Ensuring that all work carried out meets or exceeds the requirements of the LAA’s Standard Contract, the SRA Code of Conduct, SRA Accounts Rules and meets Quality Mark standards
• Recording all work carried out accurately and appropriately on the firm’s computerised time recording, Case Management System, Compliance Caddy and HR system.
• Participating in the Reception rota and general office admin activities when require
What do you get in return?
Bhayani recruitment is acting as an employment agency in relation to this role. Bhayani recruitment will ensure all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, age, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or on the basis of disability. We invite applicants to contact us directly to identify any additional support require.