Property Administration Assistant
- Halifax, HX3 6UF
- GBP 13.0 to 13.0 Hour
We are looking for a positive and enthusiastic Property Administration Assistant to join our client's busy team of executives and staff, located at their Halifax Head office.
This is an excellent and rewarding opportunity to join a thriving global family business with operations across the UK, Europe and South Africa.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a variety of tasks and will report to the Property Manager.
- Collate quotes from suppliers/contractors, negotiate and build rapport to secure the best deal for the Company.
- Send weekly renewable energy report to MD, gather key data from Company personnel, and enter into excel, interpret the data, and question and comment on readings/trends.
- Manage gas checks, and operate an effective diary system to ensure deadlines are adhered to.
- Organise contractors visits where remedial works may be necessary
- As directed, order items from suppliers using the Purchase Order system
- Review invoices for Purchase Orders to ensure charges are correct and query any errors before they are passed to management for approval.
- Deal with property repair issues, organise quotes/seek approval and assess options, work with contractors to explore the best solutions.
- Manage mobile phone contracts – set up sims/issue/monitor/track Company mobile phones and ensure they are not being misused.
- Viewings for tenants and exit inspections/inventories.
- Referencing/credit checks of potential tenants
- Stationery and PPE ordering for the Group under supervision.
- Monthly Inspection visits to land and sites to take photographs and prepare reports to Senior Management.
- Take monthly meter readings around the Halifax area.
- Managing Company vehicles
- Minimum 1 year’s office administration experience
- Experience working in a fast-paced high-volume environment
- Some experience in Property is ideal but not a necessity
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to all levels of seniority.
- Ability to liaise effectively with other internal departments and external contacts.
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to prioritise to ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Computer literate and must be fully conversant with Excel
- Clean Driving Licence
- Holidays – 28 days including bank holidays
- Bike 2 work scheme
- Company pension
Rate £13 p/h – 8 hours per day, 8.30 -5 pm, 4 days a week – Monday to Friday, must include Thursday and Friday. -
There is a potential for the role to go to 5 days for the right candidate in the future if preferred.
Office-based – No hybrid
If you would like to find out more and apply for this role, please contact Jill on 07900 901 362 or email Jill@optimal-recruitment.co.uk