Assistant Catering Manager
- Essex, CM1
- gbp 35000.0 to 0.0 Annum
KG Direct Hire are pleased to be supporting an Essex based business who are looking to appoint an experienced Assistant Catering Manager to join their busy team.
Reporting directly to the Catering and Conferencing Manager, the Assistant Catering Manager will work in support of them on a day to day basis, to ensure that the catering provision for conferences and events is of the highest standard. The Assistant Catering Manager will deputise for the Catering & Conferencing Manager as and when required.
The post holder will need to have experience in a similar catering role and possess excellent customer service skills, so that they are able to fulfil the role and support the delivery of a first-class catering experience to customers.
- Manage, set up and maintain the fine dining restaurant before, during and after service on event days, including cashing up and reconciling till and PDQ machines.
- Manage day to day conference and events, including opening and closing of building when required, and customer liaison/support on the day.
- Responsible for completing the table plans for functions, liaising with members of the Commercial Team when required, particularly when creating large scale function plans.
- Responsible for ensuring that there is a smooth transition for events, which includes, but is not limited to, ensuring the appropriate set-up staff are in place and overseeing the set-up of room requirements.
- Liaise with customers regarding time changes, dietary requirements and queries in relation to conference and event days.
- Work in conjunction with the Executive Chef to ensure that they are made aware of any specific dietary requirements and/or changes to numbers.
- Respond to customer feedback with confidence and ensure that the Catering & Conferencing Manager is kept informed.
- Ensure that all events have the appropriate casual workers arranged and that rosters can be produced. For larger-scale events, if agency workers are required, liaise with the Catering & Conferencing Manager and Finance Manager, and the Event Sales & Operations Manager where required, to arrange this so that the event can be sufficiently staffed.
Oversee catering casual workers on duty, ensuring that they are dressed appropriately and follow standards and behave appropriately for work. Ensure casual workers are issued with the correct uniform and name badges.
- Strong catering background and restaurant experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of working at a high-volume, multi-purpose venue.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills - face to face and over the phone.
- Problem solving skills and diplomacy. Solution focussed.
- Experience of overseeing/managing casual workers and other staff when required.
Background in Conference and Events is desirable.